Monday, July 20, 2009

Let's hear it for the Audies

My Harry Potter obsession continues to reach ever higher nerdiness levels. The latest incarnation? Devouring the audiobooks on road trips.

If you have not experienced HP in this form, I highly recommend it. Jim Dale is a spectacular narrator, bringing J.K. Rowling's work to life while providing wonderfully rich voice interpretations for each character (I especially love his take on Professor McGonagall, Hermoine and Hagrid). So impressed have I been by Dale's work that I took a moment to check out his Web site, jim-dale.com. Turns out, he took home a Grammy for his "Deathly Hallows" audiobook -- he has seven total Grammy nominations in his career -- and has won a record 10 Audie Awards.

That's right. Audie Awards. That's a real thing. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment