Wednesday, March 10, 2010

RIP Corey Haim

Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent accidental drug overdose. He was 38. 


He was 38? Wow, that means I'm getting old.


You may recall mere weeks ago I posted a clip from "License to Drive," the movie I would consider Haim's magnum opus. I'm probably in the minority; most people would probably say his best work came in  "The Lost Boys" or "Lucas," but "License to Drive" was one of those movies that was on HBO about a billion times in the summer of 1989, and thus, it became ingrained in my life. (On a related note, "La Bamba" fell in this same category, serving as the HBO movie of choice in the summer of 1988.)


And although I was always more of a fan of the other Corey, Corey Feldman, as a child of the '80s, I can say that Corey Haim played the role of teen heartthrob well.

No comments:

Post a Comment