Monday, February 23, 2009

Flashback: Best Kiss 1992

The Oscars are over, but they prompted a random conversation among my co-workers about the MTV Movie Awards and how some of their categories are way better. Like Best Kiss, for example.

Trivia: Did you know that the first Best Kiss award, from the 1992 MTV Movie Awards, went to Macaulay Culkin and Anna Chlumsky for their smooch in "My Girl"? And that both actors were 10 years old at the time?

Other past Best Kiss winners include "The Notebook," "Brokeback Mountain," "Independence Day," "Dumb and Dumber" and "Species."

This really has nothing to do with anything, but it gave me an excuse to talk about "My Girl." Seriously, when was that last time you watched that movie? It doesn't get a lot of love from TBS or TNT.

1 comment:

  1. I actually watched this Thursday night in my hotel room here in Rochester... great flick. I hadn't seen it in over 7 years I bet. I really enjoyed watching it sans James -- I can't get him away from baseball these days! =)
    How are you doing, Maggie?

    ReplyDelete