Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dance Party USA

Last week's episode of "The Office," entitled "Cafe Disco" and featuring the dance stylings of the entire Dunder-Mifflin crew, made me realize that I am an absolute sucker for a funny dance scene. This likely derives from my love of creating and/or being a part of funny dance scenes (any witnesses at my wedding reception can attest to that fact).

Here, a few of my favorite dance scenes from TV and film (Note: I'm not taking into account musicals; that's another post altogether):

Footloose: Every time this movie is on cable, I'll turn it on to watch the end prom dance sequence set to the titular Kenny Loggins song. Willard has some serious skillz. And don't tell me that you don't wish you could replicate that one dude's crazy robot moves; I've seen you try.

Napoleon Dynamite: Jamiroquai -- and moon boots -- will always have a special place in my heart.

Seinfeld: "The Elaine." Classic.

Can't Buy Me Love: African Anteater Ritual? Definitely busted that one out at several high school dances.

A League of Their Own: This one made me want to learn how to swing dance. And go to a place called the Suds Bucket. And live in the 1940s.

Scrubs: Turk does the dance from the "Poison" video while trying out for the janitor's air band. And he's damn good at it.

Reality Bites: Our heroes are gettin' down at a convenience store after smoking copious amounts of marijuana. Looks like an absolute blast. Also, please note that the music is coming from a janky boom box on the counter. Awwww, early '90s, you're so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment